Damizhan Khamitova is an established Russian-English-Chinese interpreter with extensive experience, offering accurate and effective interpreting in diverse situations. She has a BA in Linguistics and a Master’s degree (incomplete) in International Trade and Economics. She has worked as an interpreter for various organizations, such as Decenta social foundation, Rulate company and Non-Ferrous China (NFC). She is fluent in Russian, Kazakh, English and Chinese and has excellent customer care and communication skills.
Decenta social foundation, Pavlodar
December 2019 – June 2021
- Provided oral translations and interpretations for clients during online and offline events, successfully maintaining pace with native speakers to deliver real-time comprehension.
- Supported student education by accompanying non-English speaking individuals to classes, study sessions and assemblies to translate instruction, conversation and documents.
- Attended official meetings, providing accurate consecutive translations of conversations between members.
Rulate company, Moscow, Russia
February 2017 – June 2019
- Translated web content such as videos, books and websites.
- Retained original meaning of literature texts when translating between Chinese and Russian.
- Used excellent interpersonal skills to build trust with clients.
- Applied cultural understanding to discern specific meanings beyond the literal written words.
Non-Ferrous China (NFC), Pavlodar, Kazakhstan
July 2016 – January 2017
- Provided cultural input to speakers to help parties who did not speak similar languages communicate with and understand one another.
- Researched phraseology to determine optimal translation.
- Completed precise translations of official documents with correct words and phrasing to meet legal standards.
- Proofread, edited and improved documents of different sizes.
Master’s degree (incomplete): International Trade and Economics
CUMT (China University of Mining and Technology), Xuzhou, China
Bachelor of Arts: Linguistics
InEU (Innovative University of Eurasia), Pavlodar, Kazakhstan
Chinese language courses: Chinese language
ANU (Anshan Normal University), Anshan, China
- Excellent customer care
- Telephone interpreting
- Consecutive interpretation
- Fluent in Russian, English and Chinese
- Outstanding communicator
- Accent interference minimisation
- CELTA certificate, Cambridge Assessment Center – January 2021
- IELTS Academic certificate, British Council – May 2019
- HSK 6 certificate, Hanban – June 2016
- HSK 5 certificate, Hanban – October 2015